Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cheesy Rice

Now that you know a little of my cooking background I will be posting some of my adventures in the kitchen and some of my recipes.

The first and most important recipe is...Cheesy Rice (I picked this one because everyone asks for cheesy rice.)
  • Organic jasmine brown rice is the best rice to use (Trader Joe's) or basic brown rice.
  • Make rice. I usually make huge quantities and I don't measure anything.
  • Heat some chicken broth
  • Parmesan and medium cheddar cheese grated
  • Dump rice into casserole dish and stir in the Parmesan cheese
  • Cover the dish with the cheddar cheese and pour in the hot chicken broth and stir it all up. With the rice hot it melts the cheese.
  • It's ready. Cover the casserole dish and put it in oven on warm to keep it warm and it bakes a little bit.
So easy. I can't make enough of it.

1 comment:

  1. this sounds really good. When you pour the broth in, do you use just enough to cover the rice so the rice absorbs it? I imagine you wouldn't want it to be soupy.

    ReplyDelete